Spicy Rice Cakes w/ Lobster, Bacon, & Bok Choy
- 1 pound dried, fresh oval rice cakes (Korean or Chinese)
- 2 lobster tails
- 4 strips of bacon (chopped)
- 5 ounces baby bok choy, peeled into individual leaves
- 1 red bell pepper (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon of black bean sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sweet soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 5 to 6 Thai Chilies (diced)
- 3 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons sliced scallions
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped cilantro leaves
If using dried rice cakes, soak the rice cakes in water the night before. Drain and set aside.
Add bacon to a dry wok or skillet and heat over high heat, stirring constantly until fat begins to render. Continue cooking until bacon is slightly browned on the outside. Remove bacon from wok with a slotted spoon, retaining the fat.
Return the wok to high heat until smoking. Add the bell pepper, bok choy, and garlic. Stirring constantly until tender-crisp, about 2 minutes. Remove veggies form wok and set aside.
Add bacon back to wok and rice cakes. Cook until rice cakes soften become bit brown. (I like mine a bit charred) Remove bacon and rice cakes from wok and set aside.
Remove lobster meat from shell. Cube lobster meat. Add bacon drippings back to wok and add in your lobster meat. Cook lobster for about 30 seconds and remove meat from wok. Set lobster aside. and dice the lobster meat (quarter size). In a small bowl combine oyster sauce, black bean sauce, sweet soy sauce, and rice vinegar. Mix well and set aside.
Return the vegetables and rice cakes back to wok, add in your oyster sauce, rice vinegar, black bean sauce, and sweet soy sauce. Stir constantly until sauce is fully incorporated. Add back in your lobster and bacon and stir for another 2 min. Remove from heat and add cilantro or scallions to your dish. Serve immediately. Enjoy!