DIY Edible Christmas Gifts: Cranberry-Orange-Cinnamon Jam – Day 3
Prep Time: 5min
Cook Time: 25min
Total Time: 30min
2 cups of fresh cranberries
Juice from 1 orange
Zest from 1 orange
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
3 cinnamon sticks
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine cranberries,water,sugar, orange juice,orange zest, and cinnamon sticks. Heat over medium-high heat, stirring every few minutes, until sugar dissolves and berries release moisture, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon sticks and reserve for later.
- Carefully transfer cranberry mixture to a high-speed blender. Secure the lid tightly, and blend on high until berries and the skins are completely pulverized.
- Return mixture to the heavy-bottomed saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring every few minutes to prevent scorching. Add back in cinnamon sticks.Cook until jam thickens, coats the back of the spoon.
- Remove from heat, and transfer to a sanitized mason jar. Wipe lip down before screwing on the lid. Store cool to room temperature, then store in the pantry or, once cooled to room temperature, store in the refrigerator for several months.