DIY Edible Christmas Gifts: Dulce de Leche – Day 6
Prep Time: 5min
Cook Time: 20min
Total Time: 25min
200g brown sugar
3 tablespoon golden syrup
400ml heavy whipping cream
1 vanilla bean
- Place a medium sauce pan on the stovetop on medium heat.
- Combine butter, sugar, and golden syrup. Mix together until everything is incorporated.
- Add in seeds from 1 vanilla bean.
- Stir in heavy whipping cream. Mix Well.
- Bring mixture to a boil for about 4min. Be careful to keep a close eye on your mixture. Do not walk away from the stove while you’re dulce de leche is boiling. It will get lonely and angry and boil over and create a disaster.
- After 4min, check the consistency by placing a teaspoon of the mixture on to a plate. Set the plate in the refrigerator for 2 min. Once the mixture is tacky, you can remove your pan from the heat.