DIY Edible Christmas Gifts: Honeycomb – Day 5
Prep Time: 5min
Cook Time: 10min
Total Time: 15min
1 cup of sugar
5 tablespoons of golden syrup
2 teaspoons of baking soda
- Melt the sugar and golden syrup in a deep saucepan. Keep the heat on low. We’re trying to dissolve the sugar not burn it.
- Have the baking soda and a baking tray lined with parchment paper ready to go.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, turn up the heat and bubble the mixture until you have a deep amber color.
- Once you’ve reached the said color of amber, add in our baking soda. Work quickly once the caramel has reached the right color, it will continue to cook and may darken or burn.
- Pour the mixter onto the lined baking tray. Sugar be HOT HOT HOT. Be careful when pouring the mixture onto the baking tray.
- Let mixture set for 1 to 1.5 hours
- Once honeycomb is rock hard. Break up the honeycomb by dropping it on a flat surface.
- Try dipping the pieces of honeycomb in melted chocolate – they will keep for longer, about 1 month.